Saturday, September 18, 2021

HOBBIES, LEISURE & ENTERTAINMENT

UNIT 3. HOBBIES, LEISURE & ENTERTAINMENT

VOCABULARY:

  • playing the guitar/ the piano/ the violin: chơi ghi-ta/ piano/ vi-ô-lông
  • go cycling: chạy xe đạp
  • go sailing: di chèo thuyền
  • go climbing the mountain: đi leo núi
  • go canoeing: chèo xuồng
  • go kayaking: cheo thuyền kayak
  • go swimming: đi bơi
  • play sports: chơi thể thao
  • listen to music: nghe nhạc
  • read books: đọc sách
  • travel: du lịch
  • sing: hát
  • dance: nhảy
  • go jogging: chạy bộ
  • watch TV: xem tivi
  • go shopping: đi mua sắm
  • walk my dog: dắt chó đi dạo
  • play cards: chơi bài
  • do gardening: làm vườn
  • take photographs: chụp ảnh
  • do yoga: tập yoga
  • do judo/ karate: tập judo/ karate
  • hang out with friends: đi chơi với bạn bè
  • cook: nấu ăn
  • learn how to play a musical instrument: học một nhạc cụ nào đó
  • take up a new hobby: bắt đầu 1 sở thích mới
Other words for HOBBIES
  • leisure pursuit
  • leisure activity
  • recreational activity
  • pastime
Structures:
  • In my free time, I am really into/ enjoy/ like +N/ Ving
  • One of my pastimes is + N/ Ving
  • One activity that I enjoy doing in my spare time is N/Ving
  • N/ V-ing is a good way for me to …… 
  • Being a/an ….person, I enjoy/ like 
  • By + Ving, I can have a chance to …..   
  • I find + N + Adj 
EXAMPLES:
  • In my free time, I'm really into taking nature walk.
  • Listening to music is a good way for me to temporarily escape reality.
  • I find reading really interesting as it allows me to know more about the world.
  • By joining sport clubs, I can have the chance to make friends with people who have the same interest with me.
  • Being a health conscious person, I enjoy playing sport in my spare time. Simply because it helps me keep fit and strengthen my immune system.
SOME BENEFITS OF HOBBIES
  • temporarily escape reality (tạm thời thoát khỏi thực tế)
  • expand my knowledge/ know more about the world (mở rộng kiến thức của tôi/ biết thêm về thế giới)
  • relieve stress/ unwind after a stressful day/ week (giảm căng thẳng / thư giãn sau một ngày / tuần căng thẳng)
  • improve my mental wellbeing (cải thiện sức khỏe về tinh thần)
  • Keep me physically healthy (khỏe mạnh về thể chất)
  • strengthen my immune system (tăng cường hệ thống miễn dịch của tôi)
  • keep fit (giữ dáng)
  • Make friends with people who have common interests/ expand my social circle (Làm quen nhiều bạn có cùng sở thích/ mở rộng mối quan hệ xã hội)
  • broaden one’s horizons: mở mang đầu óc
  • escape the city hectic lifestyle: lẫn trốn cuộc sống bận rộn
  • cross it off my bucket list: gạch nó ra bucket list của tôi
(bucket list: việc phải làm trước khi chết)

No comments:

Post a Comment